Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this 1995 LWB I am looking at that has the new 4.0 in it still has the air suspension. Since my Rover was already converted to coils, I have no experience with air suspensions.

The owner is out of town and I just drove by just to take a look. It was resting all the way on the lowest setting. Is this normal? I rarely see them resting on the lowest setting. The owner had a new computer put in and was told by the dealer that the bags have about 15k miles left on them, wear wise.

Serg

· Registered
674 Posts
I dunno Serg, seems as if you want to get yourself in to a whole mess of trouble with that all over again. I wouldn't touch the EAS cars just based on all the BS that everyone seems to put up with on them - even though I hear the ride is better.

Why don't you keep your rig, run till she dies then put in a 4.6 (they sell for around $3-4K and from all accounts fit very nicely.....

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jonesy...

It is just a thought at the moment... this is a 1995 I am looking at.. has 6k on a new 4.0 installed from a dealer, and a transfer case. The owner spend $10k on it in the last 6 months and then decided to sell to get something different. It looks better than mine, and is the same color. So I can swap some of the items over from mine and make one nice one.

She is asking $5300 obo, which seems like a steal. I was not really looking, but this could be a nice way to go.... perhaps.. just a thought. I would convert it to coils at the first sign of trouble. Just seems like a great deal for $5k!

Serg

· Registered
674 Posts
Shoot Serg! $5K!!!!!!!!!:eek:

GO FOR IT! - That is just the price of an engine, now you can have one car for parts like you said....then part it out on eBay to recoup some of your money! No brainer mate I would go for it.

· Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
buy it convert to springs swap out the tires.. and RUN and RUN and RUN!!

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought it for $4900! It runs awesome! :buttrock: .. more details and pics later... I am off to work..

Serg

· Registered
490 Posts
Car will rest on lowest setting when its sitting. Of course, there could be a leak in the air bags causing the same problem! Good luck, you'll find the 4.0 engine to be very good!

· LRO Founder
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OkieRover

You can't compare what you paid 5 years ago to now... Not knowing any of the detauls, I would say at the time you bought yours, it was a fair deal.

Serg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.