Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondering..,
How prone to failing are those air suspension compressors ?
-They are a tad pricey around here, so I´d like to hear from somebody who´s experienced this. Is this perhaps a common fault.. ? :cool:
Thanks.

-Note. It´s not for my white 84 Range to the left ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
60k and still going strong,They tend to fail after another fault has caused it to run more frequently or continuously.I have a LED on the dash that tells me when the compressor is running as an early warning system after a failure on a previous truck caused by a split airline. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I see. Thanks.
I believe this vehicle has every now and then shown the "EAS failure" message in the dash, due to several reasons. It´s got 100k miles on it, just about.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That could be down to something as simple as a dirty conection on the height sensor plugs or a dodgy earthing point.I just sold a p38 4.0 with 92k on it with all original suspension which the new owner went over inch by inch and could find no faults .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I agree. Though once, it was caused by a split arline like you said. It rubbed against the exhaust and melted.. The car was driven resting on the rear bump stops for a few miles until we fixed it.
-Anyhow, perhaps that´s why the compressor has prematurely failed..

·
Registered
93 LWB KITTED 95 LWB Chop Top 03 D2
213 Posts
Rebuilt ones on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ry=33590&item=7945630471&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I bought an ABS pump from these guys. Everthing is rebuilt, and they offer a 1 year unlimited milage warrantee. I had a problem with the pump ( I think i Fried it actually) but they replaced it anyway...

$155.00 starting price usually wins it.. or close to that.. I offered him starting price on the ABS pump and he took it..

818)506-5186 Sampson is the guy i delt with.. This may not be the actual pump you need, but they can get the one that fits your Rover....

:beer:

·
Registered
18 Posts
KARamsay said:
I replaced mine with a Thomas 337. It is slightly larger and has a much better duty rating. I did have to make a new mounting plate and reroute the intake location with some brass fitting.

There is a lot of information here for EAS problems:
http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/airsuspension/compressor.html

Been looking for someone that has used this pump..can you email me any mor einfo on it as to exactly what all you had to do & how much more the pump seems to pump? Did you ever have it hooked up to see how hard it would blow air? Mine is barely blowing now..thinking of doing what you have as long as I can make it fit under the cover..email is [email protected]
Thanks,Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts