Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Here's a couple video's

1995 Range Rover Classic

In 2008 I searched the internet for a great looking Rover. I found this one (originally blue) and purchased it for $7,500. I brought it home to San Diego, then went to work. Over the last few years I've spent over $55,000, plus a lot of sweat and love.

This is the nicest Classic Rover I've seen; it runs awesome, sounds awesome, and looks awesome. I get stopped for pictures every time I take it for a drive; people love it.

Below is a list of what's been done. Also listed below are links to a couple video's that show off the lights, the PA system and the exhaust.

The vast majority of the work was professionally done at Premier Rover in San Diego. You can check out their site by going to: premierrover.com (Sorry, you'll have to cut and paste the link).

I was going to list it for $24,500, but have aggressively priced it at $19,500. It's a steal for that.

It's on eBay; Land Rover Range Rover Range Rover Classic | eBay

Take a look, if you have any questions... feel free to ask.

Damon
[email protected]

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
Looks like a nice Rover. It's a bit disappointing, if I'm being honest, that you put $12,000+ into lighting and the interior needs a complete overhaul. I would expect with a claimed $55,000+ in the vehicle for it to be basically showroom new, not needing a lot more work to be done.

Colin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Response

Looks like a nice Rover. It's a bit disappointing, if I'm being honest, that you put $12,000+ into lighting and the interior needs a complete overhaul. I would expect with a claimed $55,000+ in the vehicle for it to be basically showroom new, not needing a lot more work to be done.

Colin
I agree. It was the last thing I was going to do... The seats are only about $600 to have redone... maybe I'll just do that, and re-list the damn thing. :)

·
Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
I agree. It was the last thing I was going to do... The seats are only about $600 to have redone... maybe I'll just do that, and re-list the damn thing. :)
It might help your cause. I'd love to see more detailed pictures. RRCs are becoming increasingly difficult to find in really good condition. I owned a '95 RRC LWB and love the style of them. Yours looks to be a fine example of what these looked like when they were essentially new. Kudos to you for putting so much time and money into it. The new owner will certainly have a vehicle that will last.

Colin

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is this a real post? Can't be...no way. No way you searched high and low and bought a RRC for $7k, then put $50+k in it, only to sell it for $20k a few years later in a market where no one in the right Rover mind would buy. Notwithstanding the $12k in lights, I'm still in awe of the $8k Ferrari red paint job. No offense intended, I just wanted to be sure this wasn't a RoverBot of some sort.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is this a real post? Can't be...no way. No way you searched high and low and bought a RRC for $7k, then put $50+k in it, only to sell it for $20k a few years later in a market where no one in the right Rover mind would buy. Notwithstanding the $12k in lights, I'm still in awe of the $8k Ferrari red paint job. No offense intended, I just wanted to be sure this wasn't a RoverBot of some sort.
I'm real... I was making too much money at the time and wasn't paying attention to cost. I just wanted stuff done and I did it. I lost my business; stuck the thing in the garage and figured I'd work on it later. My wife's been busting my balls about it (she thinks it's a little ostentatious)... so I said fine; I'll put it on eBay and see what we can get. Funny thing is people are SO stuck on the interior not being done that they can't see the rest of the vehicle. It only costs about $600 to re-upholster both front and rear... If it doesn't sell, I might just keep it... work harder, make more money and put another 25k into it. What the hell.

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.