Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im hoping that someone can help me I have a 1995 range rover classic lwb and im trying to install a aftermarket head unit its a pioneer HU. I found a nifty plug-n-play harness that I tweaked a little and got everything to line up with the factory stuff so I didnt have to cut any wires. The radio powers on and everything and I can play music through it but no sound comes out. Not sure what the problem is all the pins line up perfectly but there just isnt any sound no static or nothing... Hopefully someone can help me if you need and additional info hit me up. Thanks!

·
The Old Guy
43 Posts
A few questions, What output are you using on the HU, the RCA or the speaker wires? Reason I ask, the RCA are line level outputs and would require an amp. If your RR has a factory amp, is the blue/white(marked power antenna) wire from the HU connected to the remote wire going to the amp?
Some of the Pioneer head units have a mute wire, make sure it is taped and not touching ground.
These are some of the things I have come across.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A few questions, What output are you using on the HU, the RCA or the speaker wires? Reason I ask, the RCA are line level outputs and would require an amp. If your RR has a factory amp, is the blue/white(marked power antenna) wire from the HU connected to the remote wire going to the amp?
Some of the Pioneer head units have a mute wire, make sure it is taped and not touching ground.
These are some of the things I have come across.
Im using the speaker wires. And the radio is a Pioneer dxt-x2669ui.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.