Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Currently own a 2011 LR4, but looking to add a RRC to the mix. Found this one not far from me in Indianapolis and wondering if it’s worth the price/risk given the details within the listing? I’ve never owned one of these vehicles and am unaware of how much money I could potentially be putting into this thing if I were to purchase.... can anyone offer any advice? Many thanks!!!

·
Certified RRC Nut
16 Posts
I’ve owned my 95 RRC for over 20 years. At this age, the subject car may still have more work to be performed. It looks like the EAS has been converted to coils, so you won’t have the magic carpet ride. I do regret converting to coils, but I plan on restoring the EAS eventually.

As it’s been in the Midwest it’s entire life, rust is a bigger concern. Floorboards have already rotted and been repaired. This tells me it’s likely the rear load space floor is also probably rotting at the seams. You have to peel back the carpet to inspect. From underneath the car, if the seems are bulging, this is due to rot. The carpet insulation tends to be a sponge and keeps the seems wet, thus the rot.

Rear crossmember is also probably rotting from inside out. It may appear solid, but if you poke it with your finger, it may feel soft/mushy or may crumble.

Front bumper is missing rubber bumpers and chin spoiler.

Interior seems ok, but instrument binnacle is cracked and needs to be repaired/replaced. At this age, plastic bits will be brittle and likely to fall apart when attempting to remove. Some bits can be 3D printed and can be better quality than OEM.

Headliner may need to be redone, if it hasn’t already been done.

You will most likely also have issues with electrical harness, mostly at the connectors. Radiator probably will need service or replacement. Fuel tank recall work should be performed if it hasn’t already been done. Fuel tank hoses should be inspected and replaced as needed.

Bushings probably need to be replaced. I’d go with the OEM rubber instead of the poly. They’ll last longer and are more quiet.

And the list goes on...IMHO, not worth 9k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey all,

Currently own a 2011 LR4, but looking to add a RRC to the mix. Found this one not far from me in Indianapolis and wondering if it’s worth the price/risk given the details within the listing? I’ve never owned one of these vehicles and am unaware of how much money I could potentially be putting into this thing if I were to purchase.... can anyone offer any advice? Many thanks!!!

I don't think it is worth 9 grand at all. I would put it's value at 4k tops. you are going to spend serious dollars fixing it. it is never going to sell for 50k. but you will spend 15-20k fixing it. Then you can fix what is going to wear out and brake as your fixing the rest of the items previously mentioned. It is not clean enough and by the time you make it so it's going to sell for like 15-20 so if you want to own one forever. maybe it's a okay vehicle. I would look for one in way better shape with no rust..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both so much! This is excellent information. Are there better years I should look for that have better components? I know there is a checklist somewhere on here, but just curious. Appreciate all of you!

·
very disco
2,265 Posts
Each specimen will likely have common faults as well its own particular wriggles.

I prefer to buy all of my LR inoperable for REAL cheap. That way I can afford to fix em up holistically and not be nickel and dimed over the years.

·
Certified RRC Nut
16 Posts
Thank you both so much! This is excellent information. Are there better years I should look for that have better components? I know there is a checklist somewhere on here, but just curious. Appreciate all of you!
Personally, I like the ‘95 RRC the best. The ‘softdash’ is the most refined, but probably the most headaches, as it’s more complex than previous years. Some folks prefer the ‘Hunter’ versions from previous years. Some prefer the 2-dr versions, which are hard to find this side of the pond. They’re all fantastic when running…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts