Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Recently my dad's 1995 RRC Blew an Air Spring sending The ECU into fault mode. We had the whole system rebuilt (new bladders in all 4 corners, rebuilt the valve block, Rebuilt compressor, ect) Fabricated the EAS Cable as shown on the RSW Solutions site. Downloaded the EAS Unlock Suite and was able to get the Air Suspension working perfectly with the laptop plugged in, cleared all previous faults and didn't show any new ones, however after following the instructions and disconnecting the cable the system goes back into fault mode. I know little about this system and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem or has any ideas on how to remedy it (other than converting to coils :laugh that's no longer an option with how much we've invested in this system)

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks for he help I'll try it tonight!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Alright thanks for he help I'll try it tonight!
G`day ,

is the EASunlock giving you fault codes and if so what are they ?

Is the car dropping to the bump stops ?

What are the indicator lights in the switches showing ?

Does the EAS refuse to do anything but not drop to the bumpstops .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The EAS was giving me fault codes however I cleared them and they didn't come back. Without the laptop plugged in the switches have no light and the EAS light is on on the dash. I got the car to raise up perfectly with the computer plugged in and when I stopped the program per instructions the car lowered to the bump stops. I then plugged it back in, raised it up and locked it to make it drivable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The EAS was giving me fault codes however I cleared them and they didn't come back. Without the laptop plugged in the switches have no light and the EAS light is on on the dash. I got the car to raise up perfectly with the computer plugged in and when I stopped the program per instructions the car lowered to the bump stops. I then plugged it back in, raised it up and locked it to make it drivable.
Where did you get the 5 pin connector for the eas cable ?

If it`s going to the stops after the faults are cleared it still has faults that`s what sends it to the stops .

It should still be reading a fault . The symbol in the instruments is to tell it`s in high setting . though we have an ECU that the symbol is on all the time the system works as it should with that ECU . Fitting a different ECU shows the symbol when it should in high only and the system works as it should .

Are you selecting stop , disconnecting then turning the ignition off , plugging the connector back together and then starting it .

When you turn the ignition on again if it is still faulted it will go to the stops .

When you disconnect the cable it should stay where it is until you turn the ignition back on and then it should either work or not .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.