Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reluctantly selling this beautiful example of a 1995 Land Rover Range Rover County LWB in the classic body style. Approximately 130k miles, less than 5k miles since head gasket and valve job completed.

This particular truck is in great condition. Black paint is very nice all around.

Saddle/tan leather interior is in good shape - the drivers seat does show some wear, but the interior is overall very clean. Carpets are in great shape, with new carpet mats as well as rubber all-weather mats included in the sale.

Ice cold A/C and hot heat.

Previous owner was a Land Rover mechanic here in the DC/Bethesda area. Between the two of us, we have done lots of maintenance to make sure this truck runs and drives like new. When I first registered the truck, it passed Maryland safety and emissions inspections. Now it qualifies for historic tags and is exempt from future inspections.

Here are the jobs done over the past ~5k miles:

Engine (4.2L V8):
-Complete head gasket and valve job
-Intake-up reseal
-New stainless steel Magnaflow exhaust (including new catalytic converters)
-New oil pressure switch
-Vacuum advance
-New motor mounts
-Replaced plugs/wires
-Replaced cap/rotor
-New serpentine belt
-New coolant hoses
-New viscous fan clutch
-New thermostat

Driveline:
-New rear differential
-CV joint
-Swivel ball replace/reseal
-Tie rod ends/alignment
-New rear brake pads and rotors (uninstalled new front pads included in sale)
-ABS accumulator
-Power steering pump
-BFG Commercial T/A Traction tires 215/85R16 (lots of tread left)
-New springs (air suspension replaced with springs and Bilstein shocks by a previous owner)

Body and interior:
-New front air dam
-New fog lights
-New headliner
-New tailgate struts
-New carpet mats (and rubber all-weather mats included in sale)
-European-spec front turn signals (look sharp!)
-New lettering/badges (the "Range Rover" decals and other letters on the front and rear)

Things that could use attention from the new owner:
-Upper tailgate is rusting from the inside out (unfortunately a typical issue with these trucks)
-Heated windshield and heated rear glass not working
-Heated seats not working
-Switch for recirc and A/C have a loose connection (sometimes have to hit the buttons a few times before they do what they are supposed to do)
-Rear wiper needs to be replaced
-SRS light on ("soft" fault from leaving the battery disconnected)

I love this truck and as a result am not in a hurry to sell, but I have a new job and a new baby and I just don't have the time to enjoy the truck or tackle the maintenance projects that I would like.

Although there will always be some projects that need to be done on any classic Rover, I think this truck is in good cosmetic shape and excellent mechanical shape.

Asking $12,500 on Craigslist. I don't expect to get that much, so make me a reasonable offer!

Call my cell at 202-509-6014 or email me cmoore207 at gmail dot com.

My home is in Takoma Park/Silver Spring, MD and my work is in Arlington, VA, so I can show the truck in either location.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.