Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Having a strange electrical/lighting problem --looking for ideas. I've dug through other threads and haven't been skilled enough to find this problem discussed before. :)

1) All marker lights on the passenger side are out, other than the turn signals. Flashers work. No side marker lights, no brake lights, no running lights, etc. All lights on drivers side work as they should.

2) I've removed the lamp assemblies and tested them on the driver's side, all lights work perfectly. I've tested the driver's side lamp assemblies on the passenger's side, again only turn signals work.

3) I've checked all the bulbs and fuses, a-ok.

4) Stumped. Clearly there must be a short of some kind somewhere... but it's odd that the turn signals work front and rear when the wiring is in the same bundle.

Thoughts?

-JDW

1995 RR LWB

·
Registered
4 Posts
A short will blow fuses or burn something. What you have is an open circuit which is not getting current through the lights and 90% of the time that is a bad ground so find and clean the grounds and coat then with ox-gard or similar during reassembly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.