Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Land Rover Discovery SD. The engine seems to be missing. I had a tune up done and it hasn't fixed the problem. It was put on a ODB II scanner and came up that cyclinder #6 was missing. It has good compression and is getting spark. My Disco only has 83,000 miles. Could it be a plugged fuel injector? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
777 Posts
What do you mean by tune up? I might start by changing all the plugs and the wires first. Then look into bad injectors. The injectors are not cheap..however plugs are. Throw some NGK or a set of STOCK Champion plugs, and some 7mm-8mm Magnecore Wires. That should solve the issue, if not then look into doing a compression test again.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
dirtbag96 said:
I have a 1996 Land Rover Discovery SD. The engine seems to be missing. I had a tune up done and it hasn't fixed the problem. It was put on a ODB II scanner and came up that cyclinder #6 was missing. It has good compression and is getting spark. My Disco only has 83,000 miles. Could it be a plugged fuel injector? Thanks in advance for your help.
Make sure your ignition wire is not loose and is properly seated. Sometimes the top of the spark plug has a loose cap. Make sure it is tight and make sure you don't yank on the wire itself. Sometimes you get a misfire because the wires were placed that they crossed, causing a misfire.

Let us know how it turns out.

Adam in NYC :drive:

BTW, I had some misfiring and it turned out one of my wires had popped out of the loom and had rested on the exhaust manifold. Ouch! Burnt wire but it stopped misfiring after I fixed it.

·
Mod. --- I'm watching you
324 Posts
Yeah if you have good compression, you should check the ignition system. Start with the spark plugs and then the wire and then move on to the cap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am with Adam on this. Check to see that the wires are seated properly. At night spray a mist of water on the wires and see if you see sparks. Sounds like the wires were replaced a little sloppily during the tune up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
'96 Disco Miss Fire

The wires and plugs were changed after the problem was occuring. I am still trying to find a fuel injector. Any ideas on where I can get a half way reasonably priced one? Thanks for all the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.