Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My disco is jerking (head banging hard) when under acceleration. It seems like it could be starving for fuel but when the jerking starts and I depress the gas pedal it seems to lighten up. The check engine light is NOT on, but the SRS is and the ABS is in and off. It was running OK this last weekend, intermittent chugging at highway speed under load. Today I found a vacuum hose off and when I reattached it the problem started. The line is located on the drivers side near the brake booster (but not attached to it). The part that was off of the T was the tube closest to the front of the vehicle. Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this problem? I was thinking the TPS.
Thanks for the help.

:beer:

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
My disco is jerking (head banging hard) when under acceleration. It seems like it could be starving for fuel but when the jerking starts and I depress the gas pedal it seems to lighten up. The check engine light is NOT on, but the SRS is and the ABS is in and off. It was running OK this last weekend, intermittent chugging at highway speed under load. Today I found a vacuum hose off and when I reattached it the problem started. The line is located on the drivers side near the brake booster (but not attached to it). The part that was off of the T was the tube closest to the front of the vehicle. Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this problem? I was thinking the TPS.
Thanks for the help.

:beer:
A photo of what you connected where would help.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hope this photo shows
That Tee fitting and all associated lines should have no effect on anything. One end goes to the vacuum pump for Cruise control, one end goes to the cruise control diaphragm to control throttle, and the last end goes through the firewall and connects to the cruise switch at the brake pedal that cancels the Cruise. My lines were cracked/broken/removed for years and the truck ran fine. I just reconnected them and it still runs fine.

You have another issue going on. Try unplugging the TPS with the vehicle running and see what happens.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Tps

So, this might sound crazy but I disconnected the hose and the truck still jerked until I accelerated hard, the jerking went away. I tied the same thing with the hose connected and the jerking continued. When I get my truck back from the smog shop, fingers crossed it passes, I'll disconnect the TPS and see what happens. I also thought of fuel pressure regulator. It seems like every thing costs $200 for this truck. haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I unplugged the TPS and the truck ran fine, while idling. When I pushed the the accelerator slowly the rpm increased, when pushed hard the truck cut out. What could I check next? I looked into a Lynx by bripart for a diagnostic tool to hopefully help.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.