Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 discovery 1 se7 V8 on gas and petrol. I have a serious problem the car will only idle but I have no acceleration. When I depress the accelerator I push it flat to the floor. And nothing happens. And if I leave it their the tacho fluctuates until I realise the pedal. And it idles normally it sit their all day idling also it’s not the accelerator cable. It dose the on gas and petrol. Hopefully some can help me with this.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 1996 discovery 1 se7 V8 on gas and petrol. I have a serious problem the car will only idle but I have no acceleration. When I depress the accelerator I push it flat to the floor. And nothing happens. And if I leave it their the tacho fluctuates until I realise the pedal. And it idles normally it sit their all day idling also it’s not the accelerator cable. It dose the on gas and petrol. Hopefully some can help me with this.
Pop the hood and see if your throttle cable is still connected to the throttle body. Check to make sure your throttle cable isn't getting caught on something. A little WD-40 or white lithium spray can help move things if they rust up.
What are your RPMs

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is this an automatic transmission? Will it go into gear?
Last time you checked the transmission fluid level? Any leaks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this an automatic transmission? Will it go into gear?
Last time you checked the transmission fluid level? Any leaks?
But if you depress the accelerator i have no revs and the tacho bounces between 500 revs and say 800 revs even if push the all the way to the floor and the throttle body and accelerator cable are both fine.

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
Not likely a trans fluid level issue.
Can you scan for codes?
More likely to be a engine management issue (MAF issue jumps to my mind)

·
very disco
1,635 Posts
What red truck said.
A good code reader is the next step. Even if you aren’t throwing codes, you can view live data streams

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not likely a trans fluid level issue.
Can you scan for codes?
More likely to be a engine management issue (MAF issue jumps to my mind)
It’s not the Maf as it dose the same on gas as petrol. As the gas is a completely different fuel system. And is not connected to the ecu.

·
Super Moderator
2,161 Posts
Not sure what you mean.... you’re sure it’s not MAF...... why??????
I didn’t condemn or diagnose it as a MAF, only a suspect system.
Gas AND petrol ???? Natural gas? Propane?
What exactly are you talking about?
Still a solid starting point to retrieve codes and monitor data.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure what you mean.... you’re sure it’s not MAF...... why??????
I didn’t condemn or diagnose it as a MAF, only a suspect system.
Gas AND petrol ???? Natural gas? Propane?
What exactly are you talking about?
Still a solid starting point to retrieve codes and monitor data.
It runs on lpg and petrol However I have fixed it now it was a block intake due the lpg as lpg leaves black residue over time and it just clogged up. just cleaned it out with kerosene and the car runs and drives perfectly again now.

·
very disco
1,635 Posts
glad we could help, lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts