Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO i just bought this 96 range rover .... but it have all kind of problems, i need some help bad , please any one........my listing my problems ok
1- driver window doesn't work no power to it .
2-driver mirror doesnt work no power to it i guess .
3- the keyless entry remote and the door locks doesnt work .
4- the gas lid doesn't work stays open........
5- the brake light doesnt work it stays onn when u turn the ignition key
6- i have all kind of lights on my dash cluster , like abs , brakes , tc , srs, and riding hight and etc.......but convert to springs.............coil ....
7-brakes problem <<<<<my brakes are very soft and she doesnt stop i have to use the e-brake to stop the rover..........well i bleed the brake lines after i change the master cylinder i have a lot of pressure in the front but the rear no pressure at all.........and when i bump the calipas doesnt move in the rear but they move with the e- brake , can u tell me why i need all the help i can , please someone help me what i should do i dont have a rover mechanic here.............in my area...............
after researching reading on line with all people having problems i figure its the becm its bad.............so if i get a new one or used one it will slove all my problems..............what do u think i bought a used becm but didnt install it yet , because i heard u have to take the old code from my original one then program the new one with my old code , well do u know any one can transfer the code from my old one to new one , are they expensive to do............i never seen a car like that ................i got soo mad i thought about selling her.....but i love the truck i want to fix it , please can anyone help thanks hani . i will look forward for some feedback from different peoples thanks again .

·
Registered
114 Posts
alive

:eek: Is the guy that sold you that car still alive????????!”#$%&/()=? Make him suffer a bit ….ha ha ha ..
Saludos cordiales,
Pascal

·
Registered
103 Posts
Were you aware of these problems before you bought it? Seems like you got one of those P38's that were built on a Friday. If you love the truck then keep it and spend a lot of money to fix it, or sell it.
Doug
96 P38

·
Registered
7 Posts
it sounds like the BECM to start, and yes, you need to have the new one re-programmed, you need someone with a Rovacom system, as it's more powerfull than the dealers Testbook in this instance (well, most cases actually) I don't know if everything is related, but alot of it sounds like a fried BECM.

Don't switch to coils, if you're going to do that much work, save the EAS too. It's not that complicated, and parts arn't as cheap as many make them out to be, you just need to know where to look.

Do you have a workshop manual? if not, email me your address and I'll send you one free (anyone else interested also)

Where are you located? I might be able to find someone in your area with a RCL that can help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 96 range rover,it has a few problems that I need help with..............

Hello I am new to the page but just got a 96 rage rover that has a few problems. Im trying to fix them myself and am about to pull my hair out.lol. I baught a tool that told me the p1703 and p1708 are the reason my check engine light is on but don't know what they are and what not ... I seen that you have copies of a workers manual and I am in desp. need of one though can't seem to get one....Can you help me with this? Thank You:confused

·
Registered
36 Posts
check out the fuse boox under the hood then the becm if you have to get a new becm i can re sync the new becm with the old ecu but im in utah .. just to let you know you CAN NOT just install a new becm with out syncing it up with the ecu

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
The P1708 is most likely a bad transfer case controller. Early P38s had a problem with them overheating and burning up the power transistors inside. Typically, if you open the box, you'll find obvious heat damage.

The P1703 may be related.

·
very disco
1,851 Posts
@Barnes. I don’t think you understand how this works.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts