Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day to All,

This is my first post as a new member. I have a NAS 1999 Discovery II (actually have 2 but one is a parts car only) which I purchased already in superlock. I replaced the BCU and ECU in the right kick panel from my parts car and got it to fire right up. However, I now find that my front wipers, radio, front power port/cigar lighter, clock and seat heating all do not work. I have the "three amigos" illuminated on the dash, but understand that is usually the Shuttle Valve, along with the ABS light. All of my fuses under the hood and under dash check good. I did replace the shifter panel as well. I will be checking the two grounds under the side of the dash area but have not gotten there yet. Any other troubleshooting information would be greatly appreciated.

Other issue is by rear/tail door latch won't disengage. Door is unlocked both electrically and using inside door latch, but door won't open from inside or outside. Been spraying WD-40 all over plastic latch cover but no luck. Any help?

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Hi, double check fusible link FL7 in engine bay, check continuity not just visualy if seems OK, if it's good swap relays R7 with R8 and if it cures things put new relay instead of R7

the tail door can be a real nightmare, remove the badge from the handle and spray into there but if no joy the latch might be stuck in superlock mode then it can be removed only with brutal methods

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, double check fusible link FL7 in engine bay, check continuity not just visualy if seems OK, if it's good swap relays R7 with R8 and if it cures things put new relay instead of R7

the tail door can be a real nightmare, remove the badge from the handle and spray into there but if no joy the latch might be stuck in superlock mode then it can be removed only with brutal methods
A1A+++A1A+++A1A+++A1A+++A1A+A1A+++A1A+++A1A+++A1A+++A1A+++

I have to extent my sincerer gratitude to both of you mates Ken Manzer for posting his challenges and a great deal more to SierraFery for a quick solution to what it was a great misery !
Thank you mate ! :wink
I have my Radio Back ! :eek
I follow your instructions and it was the relay ....You made my day :grin
If you ever need a relay, (one) 2. 3 I would gladly send it to you Discos II only. It will be my pleasure.
I have been working on my Disco for over 2 years without a Radio and Im a music frick :devil ....
Thank you Fery and Merry Christmas

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Welcome m8, i'm glad you're glad :smile, Merry Christmas to you too:angel

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
R7 = AMR5293 or YWB101300

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Maybe that's why that R7 relay was removed cos the rear wiper relay is stuck closed and that's bad cos it's integral part of the interior fusebox soldered into the PCB, as to have some peace while troubleshooting remove fuse F18 then we'll speak

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok! It never did that prior. The shop I took it to originally for another issue -stayed there a month had it towed to a landrover shop and they told me me the first shop put a part on backwards...then afterwards I noticed radio, windshield, cigar wasn't working. Took it back to the original shop since all was working before they installed part incorrectly-even they didn't know it was the relay? Madness

I will take out F18 and see what happens/write back

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Unplug the rear wiper switch before you take out the fuse and if it stops then it means you need a switch, if that doesnt help the troubleshooting gets complicated and i can help you only if you are good with electrics and you know how to interpret a circuit diagram.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.