Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys - I got tired of periodically topping up the radiator and took your advice. Did the throttle body heater bypass; took about 20-30 minutes taking my time. I bought the metal horseshoe connector from the Kegerator website - was about $5 - and it worked perfectly.

All I did was remove the maf and intake line to get to the two hoses. The Kegerator part just slipped in perfectly and I tightened the screw-type clamps on each leg. Then blocked off the throttle body nipples to keep it clean.

See pic. Appreciate the advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Discovery 2 SE7
366 Posts
Looks good. If you want to make it even more professional looking (and keep the hot coolant hoses away from AC parts), you can get a section of silicone heater hose and run that directly from the expansion tank to the nipple in the center of the intake, eliminating all of the throttle body heater hoses on that side of the engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I thought about doing the metal "U" but decided to just eliminate it all and ran a thick rubber hose from the intake nipple to the tank. Works great.
I did have to take the belt off and undo the 4 bolts on the a/c compressor but it still only took about 45 minutes to complete.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's also okay to simply plug the lines at the the expansion tank nipple and at the outlet from the upper intake that runs to the throttle body heater (TBH). The only purpose of that coolant circuit is to supply the TBH, and plugging the lines does not therefore impact any other function of the cooling system.

Reactions: V50_M66

·
very disco
2,595 Posts
True, but it’s also ok to route them through a lava lamp on your dash board to heat the wax without a bulb.

Reactions: V50_M66

·
Registered
281 Posts
True, but it’s also ok to route them through a lava lamp on your dash board to heat the wax without a bulb.
Now that would be a unique upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts