Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I've got the 4.0 99' Disco with no distributor. The truck has had an on-going coolant leak dripping from the starter/bell housing bolts that bolt up to the transmission. Coming from this side of the engine, and that far back, my first thought was that it could be the head gasket. I had a carbon/fumes test done on the coolant to make sure there wasnt any internally blown head gaskets and there wasnt. However, this leak still continues to drip after the truck is parked and sometimes gets too low to where the temp. gauge likes to randomly sky- rocket in traffic. Is there anything else besides changing the head gaskets to fix this leak? Could it be coming from somewhere else? Truck reads 199k, head gaskets have never been replaced, still runs good tho. Thanks for your time.

John

· Registered
33 Posts
I'm not familiar with the engine in your 99 but in my 4.2 there are coolant plugs on either side of the block towards the read of the engine that allow you to drain the coolant from the block. You may want to check to see if that's where your leak is coming from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.