Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and have a question. My service engine light came on. I would like to know how to reset it. It is the service engine light not the check engine light. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks Donnaj

·
Registered
321 Posts
donnaj, to reset the service engine you need to remove the side kick panel on the passenger side. you'll see emission maintenance thingie which is the red box type thing. lift upward and remove the box.. there's going to be a landrover sticker on it.. with a paperclip spread out, either poke through the sticker and reset or take the sticker off and reset with the pin/ paperclip.
Least that how it is on the D1's, not too sure for the D1 but I suspect it *should* be the same...
Also to clarify, as it seems like there's alot of UK member/ drivers here when I said passenger side I mean the RH
take care
sam

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Service engine lite

Donna,
That light on your 99 Disco is a check engine light indicating a fault has been store regarding a problem with the engine. You can't turn it off, you must go have it scanned, find out what code is stored, get it fixed and then have it turned off.
Have you noticed your truck running poorily since the light came on?
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
Registered
321 Posts
tells you how much i know about the inside of a d2... sorry, my bad
sam
wish there's was a smiley for banging your head on a wall...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts