Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due for new rubber and would like less-wide tires. Yes, less wide. I think for better mileage, lower cost, etc. But I do not know what other sizes will fit on my rims. I have the "hurricane" wheels - 18in. Anyone know? Am I stuck with the standard size? Thanks, Kevin in Minneapolis.

· Super Trooper
1,176 Posts
Contact a tire shop and they can help you. Or visit one of the many tire size calculators online and see what works. The main thing you'll want will be the diameter of the replacement tire to be very, very close (around 3%) to the diameter of your current tires. All of that info can be found online using the calculator. Here's one I've used a lot:

1010 Tires

Colin

· Mate
1 Posts
Hi.
Just keep in mind what size of tyre is listed for your vehicle with regards to being compliant with the law and all so if you have the wrong size tyre on the rim the insurance company can cancel / not cover for an accident.

richard.

· Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Yeah that's not a issue in America

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"not an issue in America" is right

And, I don't care a bit about what is "recommended" by those idiots who designed the vehicle. They were just on the fashion train at the time for the WIDEST possible - all for looks.

· Administrator
2,424 Posts
I am currently running on p235/75r16 b.f.g. Rugged trail very very close to the original size by diameter to the 255 s that came on my 2000 d2 ride well and handles fine for what it is.

· Registered
3 Posts
And, I don't care a bit about what is "recommended" by those idiots who designed the vehicle. They were just on the fashion train at the time for the WIDEST possible - all for looks.

The idiots that designed this vehicle did a pretty good job in the day. That was a pretty wide swipe! Why have you bought one if it was designed by idiots?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.