Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my 1st time offroading. This is me and my friend (aka my photographer) David having some fun in the woods of central florida. Photos taken with his beast of a camera, 8.1 mp Canon This is my 1990 Range Rover Classic. Car is stock w/ 140k miles and horrible shocks.

I have more just gotta wait for them to get resized.
Let me know what you guys think! And what shocks should i got for?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Very nice pictures. If you are going to shocks there are a few to pick from, you might want to check out the Atlantic British web site.
Mike J.

·
Forward!
2,324 Posts
Nice pics! As far as shocks go there are alot of different makes out there, it just depends on your budget and if you are planning on a lift or a stock ride height. Do you plan on doing alot more wheeling or is your classic more geared toward the street? Off the subject, if you plan on doing alot more offroading you should think about taking off that front airdamn. It will increase your approach angle quite a bit! But it is a good looking truck! :buttrock:

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Shock choice should also depend on springs. A set of four ProComp ES9000's is $149 with boots. There's also the Monroe Adventure 4x4 shocks that match well with stock and low lift springs- those aren't available in the US market, but we import them a few sets at a time.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Badger1 said:
Off the subject, if you plan on doing alot more offroading you should think about taking off that front airdamn. It will increase your approach angle quite a bit! But it is a good looking truck! :buttrock:

Nice truck.............love those classics :buttrock:

The air dam will come off on it's own, just keep hitting those trails. :drive:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's a nice classic. I have recently gotten the "Mod Bug" and am taking it slow for now mainly to educate myself on how far I want to take it in regard to upgrading my Disco. My first upgrade was brake rotors/pads. I needed new one's so I went with the upgraded DBA rotors and kevlar pads. My next upgrade was 265/75/16 BFG AT's, which are sitting in my garage waiting on some new steel rims before I put them on the Disco. Along with the tires/wheels, I've decided to do an RTE standard lift, which will give me at least 2" of lift to accomodate the bigger tires.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Steve,

I remember reading somewhere where you posted that you folks at DAP are now selling the ProComp ES9000s for the D2. If so, how much do they normally cost for a set of 4? Last time I called back in December, the gentlemen I spoke to told me that you don't have them stock yet. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Muddy Oval said:
Shock choice should also depend on springs. A set of four ProComp ES9000's is $149 with boots. There's also the Monroe Adventure 4x4 shocks that match well with stock and low lift springs- those aren't available in the US market, but we import them a few sets at a time.
How are the ProComps? Cheap as dirt but performance wise how do they stack up to the competetion? I have considered calling you for a set since I fell certain i'm going to rip my shock rods apart on these 2"RTE hd springs

·
Premium Member
10,236 Posts
Great looking RRC!! Nice shots... Keep on enjoying that rig!!!! :wave: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
3 Posts
poly bushes

if its your daily ride then i would think about putting a poly bush kit on it, as any one who has owned a rangie will know they have a mind of there own on the road, i did mine this year after putting new shocks on it made little differance. its like driving a new one now!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
stu said:
if its your daily ride then i would think about putting a poly bush kit on it, as any one who has owned a rangie will know they have a mind of there own on the road, i did mine this year after putting new shocks on it made little differance. its like driving a new one now!!!!

that's a very good point Stu. When we put new bushings in our D1 it made a huge difference! We chose regular hard rubber - OEM like bushings - because after some research and seeing what other people have done we found out that they last longer and do not limit articulation as much... (plus they are a little more giving and tend to give you a nicer ride.)

·
Workin' and Wheelin'...
2,942 Posts
This is kinda funny Dominic, my rover is in the same state as yours, stock, 140K miles, horrible shocks and some tires that couldn't tread worth a damn. Although mine has a hood that needs replacing, but nice picks!

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
you would still be able to attach your brush bar because it attaches to the frame. One of the RRC guys will have to help you out on the pic though....

since yours doesnt have the fogs it would be a perfect candidate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.