Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered a isolator off of ebay that should look something like this when installed, specific to wiring:
Text Diagram Font Line Design

An this is what I believe I want to do, to be able to have both batteries on demand from a switch in the cab:

Text Blue Diagram Line Font

So both of these wiring schemes would exist together. Does this look correct??

· Registered
3,198 Posts
Was it one of these?
NOCO IGD140HP 140 Amp Battery Isolator

If so, you'll probably kill your batteries pretty quickly. Your typical diode type isolator creates excessive volt drop so that your batteries won't be getting the charging voltage they need. With an adjustable regulator type alternator you can up the charging voltage to compensate. As far as I know the Disco regulator can't be adjusted.

If you want a diode type you need a schottky diode isolator.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy moly! I actually accidentally bought the correct one! I thought about messaging you but, I have been annoying the master enough lately..

This picture is bigger and you can see the Schottky thing on the side...

Circuit component Passive circuit component Transformer Electronic device Technology

P.S. My Rotella came in today...last 2 gallons on Amazon Prime for $12.77 each!

Rotella 550019913 T Triple Protection CJ-4 15W-40 Motor Oil - 1 Gallon
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$12.77

Uh... so does the wiring look right?

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the cabling installed and the isolator...still waiting on the lugs from Ebay and am still trying to find a good deal on the relay. Here is the wiring diagram I made of what I have done so far.

Attachments

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Revised a bit

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.