Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right people. I finally decided on the 200tdi . Becuse I've got drum brakes on the rear I'm having disk brakes fitted. I'm doing that by sticking on an old Disco back axle. I dont want to be relying on drums with the power of a tdi.

Right... while that back axle is off I was thinking of taking the oppertunity on upgrading the suspention to save on labour.

Here's my options.

1. Stick in 2inch lift spacers and keep old suspention (£60)
2. Fit ES9000 pro comp gas shocks and 2 inch lift springs (£239)
3. Fit ES9000 pro comp gas shocks and 3 inch lift springs (£250)
4. Scorpion racing Evoloution kit with 2 inch lift and 2 inch extra travel (c£400)

Of course, as always, money is short but is it worth going for the more expensive options if I can scrape together the funds? or are 2 inch spacers good enough?

Thoughts please gentlemen :drink1:

·
Registered
492 Posts
OME Nitrochargers and Springs with a steering damper cost me around 340 Quid for my Disco. This has given me a 2 inch lift and improved handling.

Personally I would go for the Scorpion Racing option if you can afford it.

Going to Billing by any chance?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Searcaigh said:
OME Nitrochargers and Springs with a steering damper cost me around 340 Quid for my Disco. This has given me a 2 inch lift and improved handling.
That's exactly what I did on my NAS 90. Gave about 2 inches or so.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Why not 2 inch ome springs with 2 inch spacers.
I had to replace the ome shocks for a larger bore ajustable type and the ride is now fine.
Realy poor quality photos but here you go.

Adam
ps their 33" under there. Plannig on 35" to fill out the wheel wells a bit more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I fitted OME springs and nitrochargers on my 110 wagon after 6 years of faithful service from the original units over heaps of corugated dirt road and heavyloads. The rear units still looked okay but the fronts were weeping oil.

The OME units lasted 10 months before the main shaft on one of the rears snapped at the top eye and proceeded to flop around like a ^#&* in a bucket. The other noticeable problem was that when loaded (3T) and stopping at a traffic light or similar, the vehicle would gently bounce up and down on the spot for 6 or 7 motions after coming to a halt.

In my opinion their shocks are a yellow pox fit for Toyotas. To be fair they did replace the broken shock under warranty (a problem I never had with the original units) and I have found their springs more supple than the original units. The other dissapointing fact is despite their rhetoric about increased articulation, the length of travel on the rear OME was identical (eye to eye at full stretch) as the original units.

When I took it up with OME I was informed I had chosen the wrong springs for my application - wait for it...the same springs they had recommended. Lovely touch.

Ended up with Bilsteins and can't fault their service.

Sneaky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.