Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Do DI have a history for tran problems? When ever I stick into reverse there is a very loud "thunk". Is that normal?

2. Can DI front mud flaps fit on a DII?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't worry about the thunk. It's really common, mine does it as well and while it has had many other problems, no tranny problems at all in its 90,000 miles. I am unsure about the mudflaps... they will look much different since I don't think DII mudflaps have the little mountain picture on them... but I'd call Atlantic British and ask them!

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Just two questions??

Badger said:
1. Do DI have a history for tran problems? When ever I stick into reverse there is a very loud "thunk". Is that normal?

2. Can DI front mud flaps fit on a DII?
1. Yep. It is a Land Rover characteristic. The louder the better :)smile).

2. Anything will fit with the right side flaps and a power drill.

Adam in NYC

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I will just have to get used to the thunking sound. Thanks for the info. Phlawed is interested in the mud flaps, he DII. Thats why I was asking.

roverX said:
Dude, I'm gonna rip your mud flaps right off anyway when you do Blue Lakes with me so don't bother with 'em. :wave:
I took the front two off manually. The back two came off voluntarily while testing my skills at Burnside Lake (right before blue). I am too afraid to do Blus Lakes yet :D and will I will make sure you're with me, so you can pull me out of every mess I get into :D .

I am saving up my money for a Rovertym 3" lift 1200$+. I will feel more comfortable then.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is how I lost the one of the back flaps. My only choice was to push on. :buttrock:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Careful

The thunk can also be a sign that your u-joints in the driveshaft are going out. Set your hand brake, crawl under the unit. Grab the driveshaft and twist both ways, if there is excessive play there, either change them out, out get a set and store them on the unit for replacement in the field. :drive:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.