Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a stock 1993 SWB and I'm looking for a solid 2" lift for my rig. I don't drive it every day but it is my street rig too. I will wheel it a little here and there but mainly road, snow (CO). I want just enough lift for 31"s or 32"s without any unnecessary mods as economical as possible. Do I only need springs and shocks? Medium duty enough? OME or Terrafirma?

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Don't loose heart man. Not that many people running 31" tires. I just put Terrafirma medium springs and shocks on '95 SWB, they kept the 2" lift pretty much the same as the HD and better ride. Cannot tell you how well will they hold up. If you do not wanna to do much fender or brake line or drive shaft mods, stick with less the 31" tires. I am in Colorado also, never had a need for higher clearance yet. My old "87 had no lift at all and it was fine for 25 years. Lift looks "cool", big tires look "cool" also, but it has to make sense. Do a search...you will be hopefully less confused then I was. The thing is, people don't leave follow up after they do something out of the norm.
Here is a good start: Range Rover Classic Tire Choices

·
Registered
22 Posts
i did a lot with a OME 2" lift and 31's. but i like the 32's and the RTE 2" i have on it better. Same lift as the OME HD lift (and then some) but with the give of the MD OME ride. Bilstein HD shocks all around, but choose your flavor.

And yes, just springs and shocks. While you've got the springs out, get 8 disco spring dampeners and put them on the top and bottom. made a difference. i might recommend 2" extended stainless brake lines for piece of mind.

so there you go. one more reply.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I'm running 265/75/16's with terra 2" mediums. I love it. I get a little rub when I crank the steering wheel. I'm going to put caster corrected rad arms on at some point and that should fix the rub.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts