Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle in question: Daily Driver Stock 2001 Discovery II with 130,000 miles.

Obviously with 130,000 miles the stock suspension could use an overhaul, as it probably sags a bit and is quite rough on the road. I have been debating using stock components or a 2" suspension lift. The lift I have been considering is the Terrafirma 2" kit which comes with 4 new springs and shocks.

I will also be installing a set of ss braided brake hoses, as it already has new pads and rotors all the way around. I have another thread about the hoses on here.

Another part I would be using is their steering stabilizer/damper.

Has anyone here used this suspension kit? Was it really a 2" lift, or was it more?

Do you have any pictures you can share?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How is the ride comfort compared to stock?

How was your hauling/towing capabilities affected?

Are you satisfied with the suspension?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Can't speak for a T.F. suspension, but the OME or RTE suspensions give a better then factory ride, can handle more weight for towing and you'll never look back.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a DII with a Terrafirma MD springs in front and Terrafirma SLS spacers in the rear and TF +2 shocks all around./ I also installed a TF steering damper.

I went from 18.75 to 21.25 in the front and 18.5 to 22 in the rear. There dimensions are from the center of the wheel to the wheel arch. The rave specifies 19.7 +/- 0.6" .

·
Enthusiast
3 Posts
From my research the terraferra medium duty springs are a good choice. Sure there are better choices out there but do you really need it? The medium duty springs offer more load than the factory springs so if you have never maxed out your current springs before, you will probably NEVER max out the medium duty springs.

Now, if you plan on adding a heavy winch bumper, you may need to consider heavier springs. But, if you are in my position and would just like to add a bull bar, then medium will be more than enough.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the TF medium duty kit w/ +2" shocks on my Daily driven '01 SE7 and am very satisfied w/ the results, thus far. I'm pushing one year driving on the kit; I am very happy I chose the MD springs over the HD kit. I run a ARB winch/bull bar (probably the heaviest of DII aftermarket bumpers) and the medium duty springs handle the weight surprisingly well. We'll see what happens after the winch goes on - I may need 1/2" spacers.

I highly recommend the medium duty springs for mainly "daily driven" Rovers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
^^Well, after adding a 12k winch the Medium Duty springs meet their match. I swapped them out recently for Terrafirma HD's and ride quality dramatically increased. It's back to that "stock" feel.

Summary: If you have or plan to add an ARB Bull/Winch Bar plus, a winch go for Terrafirma's HD springs.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
And if you plan to play a little harder off rad, I would suggest you consider going to the OME lift with the far better 3 valve Sport shock. Yes, it is more but will out perform the T.F. also lasting longer.
If you plan on changing out your brake lines, and you should, make sure you replace all 6 not just the 4 to the calipers.

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
You still got that disco? Throw us some new photos. I ain't done **** to mine. I always say I'm fixing to but hell....it still works

·
..\;/...
1,192 Posts
No I sold it awhile back after I rhino lined it and made it a beast....now im building another one alittle bigger

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
That is a good looking truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts