Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few more pics, The first few are of the 2003 SE ACE truck, notice no lettering on the hood. I peeled them off the day I got the truck and it looked really cool. The next pic is a jeep dug in up to its axles in the beach in the Outer Banks NC. :lol: I LOVE this pic. and I email it to my brother-in-law often with other embarassing jeep pics (guess what he drives...lol) Look at the smuck airing down his tires NOW after he drove 5miles down the beach.
The last pic of a Disco is my 2000 SE7 ACE truck. great truck, but not nearly enuff power the 2003 was much more betterer I'll post my RR asap

·
Registered
444 Posts
Where exactly on the Outer Banks? I have been thinking of going out there, I hear there are a few decent places to drive around and along the beach. Just haven't been. Bald Head Island, well they don't have cars there. haa.

Awesome pics. I like the first, in the woods.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Outer Banks of North Carolina are the barrier islands along the coast, those beach pics were taken on the north beaches between Corolla light house in NC and False Cape State Park in Virginia.
These beaches are awesome, wild horses beautiful scenery and dolphins playing in the breakers.
The pic in the woods was taken in Black Rock Fish and Game Club in or near Mountainville NY. That pic was taken in the middle of a bright and sunny day. the woods are so thick it blocks out most of the sunlight.

·
Banned
527 Posts
Very nice. Looks just like my Oxford 99' :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
I saw in another thread the OBX plate on your Mini, I am guessing that you come this way often. As I am pretty close to OBX myself, where is teh best place to go for a drive?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For a daytrip kinda thing you could come onto the island near kitty hawk and go south on rt12 towards hatteras. before you get to the causeway over Oregon Inlet there is a beach access on the left across from the marina.
On the beach (air down to 18-20psi) go south to the tip of the beach at the inlet. The water is awesome here, :buttrock: most days the gulf stream comes right in here bringing warm light blue water, great shells. be careful when swimming the current is tricky.
PS. there is a gas station at the marina to refill your tires.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That sounds like a good day trip. Sounds like Daytona, so you can actually drive out onto the beach and park there? That is pretty cool Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Obx

I work for a dredging company and have re-dug Oregon Inlet channel twice in the last two years. As stated above the access is just befor the bridge. The fishing is great there also as the channel is directally off the point. We stayed at the Best Western Ocean Reef Inn & Suits. Great people to deal with, and the rooms are nice. The sand and water are beautiful. You should plan a trip. Chad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.