Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read most of the posts on this topic and I am yet to find one that goes past the crankshaft position sensor. I have a 2000 Disco 127K miles.

Driving down the road coming to a stop light and heard a faint pop, and the thing just stopped running. Pushed it into a parking space and tried to restart but no luck.

It tries to crank, but never catches. I don't hear the familiar "compression sound or chugging" of a car trying to start just some spinning, cranking and noise without turning over.

Replaced camshaft sensor, no go. Replaced Crank shaft sensor, no go. had a code p0340. tested compression on 3 and 5 got very little on 3 less then 90 on gauge and 5 gave me same but quickly faded to 0. I am hoping it is not a timing chain. Any other ideas before I pull the front of the engine off?

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Ouch. Sounds like a chain from your description. But.
How many miles?
Good battery with proper voltage
History of service / repairs?
Fluid levels and conditions?
Are you getting a R.p.m. Signal in scan data?
Have you tested for spark?
Have you tested for fuel pressure?

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Pops saw the mileage 127,000 miles..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Voltage, no spark, smell of fresh fuel on spark plugs. Only history is water pump and three amigos all fixed without problem. Have bad 02 light every so often, but it goes away on its own. I haven't checked RPM on scanner, I guess that would indicate if things were turning. I really like my Disco, worried its not worth the cost to fix it. I don't have the time to do this myself.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Check and read up on similar p0340 codes on here and try landrover forums .com as well.
Oil level overfilled may make sense as well.
Need to deal with the no spark issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.