Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new LR and it has some quirks that I haven't seen before...
1)Rear seat arm rest has broken plastic parts so it won't go/up down properly. Can't gets parts from LR. They want to sell you a new seat

2)Seems to have condensation (i think) running down passenger side of console when air conditioner is on...

3)No in line fuel filter???? Anyone ever done a retro fit?

4)How do you reset the check engine light? Fixed the problem just need the light to go away!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
The check engine light must be reset with a hand held scanner or dealers test book.
The condensation is cause from a pluged up drain tube in the A/C system, easy fix from under the truck there are 2 lines one on either side of the transmission that drain thru the floor board.
D2's do not have fuel filters and yes you can add one but I don't know anyone that has, I have nearly 70,000 miles on mine without one.
Exactly what parts are broken on the arm rest. The only ones I know about that are plastic are for the cup holder and that should effect the arm rest going up or down, and they can be replaced, I replaced mine.
Good luck,
Mike J.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a bar with a sping and and plastic slide on it that goes up and down on the bar. Thats the part thats broke. Thanks for the other info.... I hate having to go to the dealer $$$$$$$$$$$$ for something as simple as resetting the light. Its actually in the rear seat the arm rest goes up and down and so does the head rest.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Don't know what to tell you about the arm rest, I just went out and looked at mine hoping to see what sort of part you were talking about and mine is all metal.
As for the check engine light, go check out a couple of local auto part stores, some of the will test for frewe and some will turn off the light also.
Mike J.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hi audioclay:
Congrats on you Disco ll :drive: ,I got one too.You will see that with a bit of time and reading through some books,and in forums like this one with the help of people like Disco Mike,you'll learn a lot of info regarding Disco ll's and Land rovers in general.

As for the parts for your seat,try
www.roversland.com
They are located in FL and sell lots of used parts at a really competitive price.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Carlos

1 - 5 of 5 Posts