Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a Discovery notice a sway in the steering before they found that there steering stabilizer needed replacing?

I replaced my tires with stiffer walled grade and the shocks with stiff ride shocks from Old Man Emu and I still have a sway in my ride when I drive above 75 MPH.
:mad:

The last time I had it serviced I forgot to have my mechanic check the stock one. It is 5 years old now.

Any thoughts Land Rover Brohounds? :dunno: :confused :beer:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Shite, so I am the only one with a odd sway to the steering wheel when I drive freeway speeds?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had a similar problem on my defender. Replaced the steering dampener and the problem was still slightly there all I was doing by upgrading to the OME unit was disguising the actual problem. I found that the actual problem was the bushings or isolators at both ends of the panhard rod were worn. Things were stiff and a bit rusted enough so that the bolt had also had some wear on it. This solution I found on another site and it was actualy talking about a disco. Might be worth taking a look at.
Adam

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adam and SC thank you guys, I will bring this up to my man at Inland Rovers.
I want it back to the way it was before.

I do have 119k miles on her now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.