I've owned the DiscoII for about six months. It never overheated but always smelled of Maple Syrup after driving (that's coolant evaporating right?)
Anyway winter hit Buffalo early and ironic the Disco overheated a couple times. I fear that it might blow the head gasket (my old 95 did and is cooked...for sale). I took it into my local garage (not a dealer).
They pressure tested the system and found no leaks. He thinks its the thermostat and that cause the overflow to discharge.
I should also mention that their is always heat coming thorugh center console. The heater also takes forever...over thirty minutes to get going.
I'm not the handiest guy with mechanics. My local service shop thinks it'll be a $100 to $200 to change a thermostat.
Should I pay it or try myself? My dad and brother are car guys so they'd be able to help?