Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to this site. Recently bought a 2000 Discovery II 57K miles, and have noticed that the tailgate door outside latch doesn't work at all. I managed to open the panel up from the inside enough to get the door open and disable the child lock. Handle inside truck works fine.

Here's what I'm seeing inside the panel linking the tailgate handle to the door latch.

Anything wrong with this picture? I'm waiting for my service manual to come in, any suggestions in the mean time?

I appreciate it,

Luke.:confused

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think thee is supposed to be a clip on there holding the two together, call Atlantic British, Rovers north, or any of the other parts suppliers on this great forum for the part.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Common door lock/ door handle rod clip auto shop or parts supplier should have them too

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
When I bought my 2000 it had a gob of silicone on it to hold the rod in place.
Not a proper repair but it did work. I replaced it with a clip out of my junk drawer in my workshop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ran into trouble again. Shortly after I fixed the latching problem with the clip, now the door will not respond with the central locking system. It was working fine before. Did I somehow pull something out of place? Door is currently jammed shut (neither interior or exterior handles unlock). Replace door latch assembly, yay/nay? :confused

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Yes door latch is common, mine did similar shortly after I got it. Would not unlock after accidentally pushing the button down. Fortunately interior panel was already off wiggled and jiggled all the linkages. Finally popped open from inside handle. Replaced the latch with a good used. And fine since

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.