Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i haven't even had my car a year yet. the battery is constantly going dead. i just walked outside to see if it would crank & heard a continuous ticking noise. i have replaced the battery & had my alternator looked at & everything was fine. my dad was in the process of figuring out what was going on but he passed away in the middle of everything. does anyone have any suggestions? i've carried it to a shop & had them try & figure out what was draining the battery twice. no luck.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
I'm a bit confused cos here is the Discovery sport section and your title is 2000 Disco so is it a Disco 2 made in 2000 or some Sport with the 2000 prefix?...if it's Disco 2 most probably the SLABS ECU is draining the battery cos it doesnt "go to sleep" as it should after max 1.5 hour the ignition is off which can be a ECU missbehaviour or one of the door switches is not working well and the system "thinks" a door is open and doesnt go to sleep... i'll tell you more if you confirm it's a D2 and if it has or not air suspension

1 - 2 of 2 Posts