Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help !!! I Just got the 2000 discovery II and when I washed it I got water inside under the sun visor that was dripping all over. I don't think it's the seal between the sunroof plastic molding and the metal roof. I did notice that the rubber seal that the sunroof glass lays on isn't glued are have any kind of sealant holding it in place. I just pulled it right out. The back sunroof seal seems not to come out like it has sealant holding it in place but not sure I didn't want to pull on it to hard. The front rubber seal looks in good condition but should there be a sealant our something keeping it in place and could this cause the leak? I would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
can someone please tell me if the rubber seal is suppose to have sealant to hold it in place and if so what kind of sealant should I use?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Not sure so go open your rear sun roof and see.

·
Registered
181 Posts
can someone please tell me if the rubber seal is suppose to have sealant to hold it in place and if so what kind of sealant should I use?
No, the rubber seal is not glued in place. Supposed to be held in by compression. When i was messing with mine on my D1 i used a little RTV to hold it in place.

Seal is a good place to start and the first line of defense against water but my guess is the drain lines are clogged and/or where the drain hose connects to the drain pan on the sunroof has cracked.

On mine.... I pulled the head liner and found that the sun visor tray screws went right through the drain lines :complain: and that the plastic insert that the drain line connects to weren't sealed. At that point i went as far as pulling the sunroofs out and sealing the edge all the way around where the metal roof meets the sunroof, sealed the drain connections and replaced the drain line that had been screwed through.

Pull the headliner, get the garden hose out and see what you find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts