Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
02 Disco II
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 LRD II that i am wanting to lift 2 or 3 inches and wanted to know what all I will need to do the lift and what the max tire size for a 2 inch lift and max tire size for 3 inch lift. I am mainly going for looks. I live in Florida and the only off roading I do is usually in sand. I just like the look of bigger tires and wheels. Thanks

·
02 Disco II
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any thoughts would really help.

Well I have decided to go with a Terrafirma 3" lift, shocks, springs, and brake hose. I will be going with 305/60 r18 with18x9 KMC XD Monster (Matte Black) Wheels/Rims 5x114.3/120 (XD77889017735). Please let me know if this set up will work. I am a newbie but I think this should work. Thanks Hunter

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
Figured out the lift....that's good. There's a lot of info here and its hard for someone to tell you what lift you need. Plus there's not as much traffic here these days.

For just sand use my rover is a beast stock. I understand the need to make it look more 4x4...just trying to say sand is handled best by wide street tires in most cases. Anything that has a tendency to dig at all Is usually big trouble in sand.

I was gonna say if you're going to replace the rims...why not get away from awfully ridiculous 18" tire prices. For the price just to replace the 18" tires at stock size I bought used rims with new cheap good quality tires. I used 20" rims mostly because they were available used off rich people's range rovers and it will allow me to change my gears one day hopefully and I can still run a 33.5" street tire at our local beach then swap to a 33+ tire on whatever rim during the winter/hunting. I don't really recommend a 20" tire to anyone off road but it has worked wonders for me so far and tire price/availability is tons better.

I'm considering using a 17" rim for the mud tire I want. Larger off road tires are much cheaper in 17 than any other size...besides 15". Most here run 16" which offer the most sidewall for deflation and protection in the rocks or terrain they are used to. Like I said that doesn't really apply to me sooo....maybe not you either.

3"in lift seems to be the only thing that allows a bigger tire on our vehicle if you notice the shape of the wheel well is the most restrictive issue. It seems the most efficient way to just fit tires is look at body lifts(which I hate) and fender trimming. I thought for a long time my best option might be a 2-3" suspension lift then a 1 1/2" body lift. I was gonna source them from Lucky8 for a vendor. The body lift Justin at Lucky8 sells is the max you can lift the body without doing linkage mods...any body lift leaves bumper gap though. Still ain't done it yet...working on it and still haven't really decided.

·
02 Disco II
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Disco. I looked and some of the 20's inthe same wheels and tire size that I wanted and the price shot up quite a bit. I am going to call Lucky 8 tomorrow and see what they suggest as far as lifts and tire sizes and go from there. Hopefully order lift and tires tomorrow. Ill post picks before and after when im through.

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
16" or 17" is what I meant to point out more. Anything other than the limited and costly 18" from what I remember looking at jeep started using that size maybe.... I think the only more rare size was 19. Just something to think about.

Most off road want to switch to steel wheels...I don't blame them. For me the weight difference isn't worth the added risk of a bent rim. Again I don't see the terrain they do.

·
02 Disco II
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got done talking to Justin at Lucky8. He was very helpful and was able to recommend what I need. Order the Terrafirma 3" suspension and about to order 33"10.50" maybe I'll have it done in the next week or so.

·
02 Disco II
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the lift may be in the next week but the wheels and tires are 3 to five weeks. Because of the 5x120 bolt pattern the offset of the wheels are way off so they are going to drill a set of blanks with the correct of set. I decided to go with 275/60r20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on a 20x10 offset -12 bolt pattern 5x120. Really crossing my fingers that all the sizes work out. I had my wife the computer wiz do some cropping to show me what it might look like, lol, cant wait.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.