Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been round and round with this vehicle. I am not without mechanical know how, but this truck is making me a bit nuts. Starting issue, replaced MAF, air filter, cleaned fuel body/intake and it started up better. Then the idling and stalling issues came....cleaned idle air flow sensor, replaced plugs with good dbl plat. ones, wires were already good aftermarket and it was running better, but still getting intermittent stalling when stopped at light, etc.. changed out the fuel relay, no change. Sooo, I have it down to the fuel pump because it seems to be starving when trying to accelerate quickly and is getting good air flow. And of course mine came with the fuel pump that has the pressure sensor...lol, and I am sure you all know what that means. Without PS, $70 whole new pump unit, with Ps the lowest I can find is $260! So, what I am wondering is if anybody has ever replaced one with a Ps with a pump unit without the ps? And also this current one has a walbro pump on it already from a previous owner rebuilding the current unit. Any suggestions on rebuilding again and what a good pump would be to rebuild it again. I am a single father and not rich, lol

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Sorry To hear of your troubles
Are you getting any fault codes?
Does it restart immediately or do you need to wait a few minutes?
Idle speed bypass valves issues rarely improve with cleaning in my experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the time I end up having to use starting fluid to get it started again. And it will run fine at idle for a while and then die a while later at a light. I haven't got a codes yet. Will go to AutoZone today and see what I can do. I keep thinking there has to be an inline fuel filter somewhere, but everything says it's in the tank. I have never owned a vehicle that didn't have an external filter and it's just weird to me. As for the idle airflow sensor, it was fairly new and really not dirty. But I cleaned it anyway while I had it off. I just don't have the money to start replacing every possible thing it could be all at once.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, I have codes now.
P0335 crankshaft position sensor malfunction
P1590 ABS rough road signal circuit malfunction
P1884 CAN message - certain inputs / Outputs out of range

I am going to get a crank shaft position sensor since I know it's bad now, but this still doesn't give me an answer on the stalling while idling or just dieing when I let off the gas while going like 45 or so, which is very disconcerting in rush hour traffic I might add. Maybe the crankshaft sensor will solve it all. But it's weird because it starts up fine in the mornings or after sitting for a while. It's only like when you run in the store for 10 min and come back and it will have trouble, then out comes the starting spray and cranks right up.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
X2 on the crank sensor.

Very common
Sometimes codes, sometimes not

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.