Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2001 Disco II with 41K. I'm hearing this whining noise, and I'm a bit worried. I've read a few posts concerning this, however it seems like my noise may be different. Well, it seems to go away when I release the gas or accelerate. I'll try to describe it on a scale example. Assume that you have a scale from 0 - 10. 0 would be completely removing your foot from the gas, and 10 would be pressing the gas all the way, and 5 would be maintaining your speed. When I am somewhere between 4 -6, I hear this whining noise. What is this? Is there a problem? If so, what should I have the shop do to fix it? If it is not, and you know what it is, please advise. This is an automatic trans. Also, all the fluid levels are perfect. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had the same worries, we drove three of them and they all had the same noise. It's normal. I'm going to change the fluids to Synthetic and see if that makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I agree, it is most likely one of our Rover normal sounds. Yes up grading the quality of the t/case and tranny fluid may lesson the noise.
Mike J

·
Registered
454 Posts
:) It's Land Rover "character".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.