Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that LR have a lot of mech. issues. I have just purchased a 2001 Disco SD II and I am wondering what I have gotten myself into. I have always liked land rovers but.... I have check consumer report and I find a a lot of bad ratings. I am just curious if anyone would like to comment on or have any suggestions for a new LR owner.

·
4,576 Posts
Hmm...i've heard and read more about electrical issues. The engines are fantastic, yes they are low on power but would you really want to spend more gas hence more $$ ?..haha As long as you maintain it according to your driving style it should be one hell of a reliable vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Dont worry too much. most of the things that would have gone wrong with it, already would have. I have an 02 and it has had it's share of issues, but nothing catasrophic. Enjoy it and keep the tank full cuz these are very thirsty vehicles!

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
BTW,

Most of those people who respond to consumer reports would be better off driving a Honda Hybrid or even worse <gulp> a minivan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's a big bad Buick V8 under the hood and Buick has an excellent reputation for quality. You have a go anywhere anytime vehicle at your disposal that's a heavy weight with a drive train/suspension that is world class. She is no Honda nor Cadillac, can carry almost anything anywhere, and pull practically her own weight if needed. It's a Land Rover and meant to be driven accordingly. Don't sweat the details.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.