Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so this is my first post on here and I've only had the ol' gal for about 6 months so I'm still getting used to all the technical terms/acronyms and whatnot. Anyway, the rear suspension will drop all the way down overnight about 3 out of 10 nights and it's slowly getting worse. About a month ago it was only once every ten or so nights. I've looked around and I keep hearing that it's probably a leak in the bag(s) but the weird thing is that it will never do it while driving (even with 7 people in the car) and it always drops/raises 100% evenly.

I was thinking maybe an issue with one of the sensors? I'm going to get under there and try the spray bottle with soap/water trick later this week when I have time but was just trying to get some info in the mean time. Also, if the bags aren't leaking I pretty much have to fork over the cash and take her to get scanned right? Anything helps, thanks in advance!

P.S.

I love the air suspension so there's no need for the coil kit suggestions. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
How many miles on the truck, have the bags ever been changed and do you have any warning lights on the dash?
Usually when both sides drop equally it is an electrical issues in the computer, not a height sensor. The air bags are not tied together, so one side can not pull the other side down.
You will most likely need to find a shop that has a computer with Rover SLS software in it so the codes can b e read.

· Premium Member
16,548 Posts
So, find a shop with the correct computer and software, other wise you are wasting your time.

· Registered
115 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.