Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
527 Posts
HFsdisco said:
Does the noise sound like a grinding or a compressor that is faint? Do you hear a hisss sound?
Ususally the ACE doesnt make any noise at all. You are probably hearing the SLS system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 99 Disco always made a slight whirring sound noticeable at acceleration from stop. I thought it was transmission. Then the ACE pump was replaced under warranty in 2001. The noise was louder--annoyingly so. Dealer said the powerful ACE pump was the cause and that it was normal (familiar dealer response). So I whined louder about the louder whirring and they got back at it. A second mechanic at the dealer said they had insulated the ACE lines from the frame (don't know exactly how) and that LR was now doing this fix at the factory for this common problem. The whirring is still there, but it's now distinctive, not annoying at all.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Chris Hyde said:
Ususally the ACE doesnt make any noise at all. You are probably hearing the SLS system.
Yeah that is why I was asking, I actually just found out that the SLS was making all that noise last week. Thanks to SCSL. It sounded as though it was coming from under the hood but I did some experimenting and found it was the SLS compressor. I am pretty dimb sometimes. haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.