Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SES, TC, ABS, SRS lights are on along with a little car going down slope light is on (the button with the same symbol is not engaged) , it has 136014 miles, it didn’t misfire at first but it started to one day and it only occurred until the car warmed up, progressively the misfire got worse and the engine started making a loud popping noise on the driver side (due to the misfire I believe) and now the car shuts off in idle, I’ve replaced plugs and wires and FPS, I know my brake booster is out so that’s probably the abs issue, I’m not used to working on anything but my 1988 f150 so I know nothing of this car, please help

·
very disco
481 Posts
Yikes. Welcome to the forum, circumstance aside.
Do you have access to an LR specific code reader?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don’t I’m in western ky and the closest dealership is in Nashville Tennessee, I coded it before but the paper was lost with the codes, it read a misfire on all cyls so I did a tune up and I there was a code that the autopart store employee couldn’t tell what it was

·
very disco
481 Posts
The auto parts stores typically employ generic scanners which are rarely accurate when it comes to LR. A Foxwell scanner with LR programming can be had for cheap from amazon and can give you accurate codes. I had the parts store pull a code for me which came back as the evap purge valve so I replaced it, had the shop clear the code, and the CEL came back on the way home. I ordered my foxwell and scanned it, got a code about my SAI. Found a leak and repaired it, no problems since.
The first money you throw at it should be on an appropriate scanner in my opinion.

·
very disco
481 Posts
well that’s a self-fulfilling prophecy... without any accurate information you’re definitely “waisting” time heh

·
Registered
58 Posts
Time and money are very tight for me right now or I would’ve got one and not waisted my time on this website lol
I’d be happy to attempt help you if you had given us ANY usable information to begin to theorize a diagnosis remotely. With generic OBD codes I’m actually pretty decent as a former master tech, but manufacturer specific are greatly preferred especially in certain vehicle systems outside the engine management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
very disco
481 Posts
Good luck with your repair.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts