Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can I personally without going to the stealership...take off my brushguard?

it's the OEM one..wraparound...it also has the aux. lamps...

i want it gone..as well as the lamps....how do i accomplish this??

lmk

thanks

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
steel tube type or 'soft' bar?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Please tell me you don't use that for recovery!!!!!!
I've seen those things get yanked off the truck and take people out. It absolutely cannot ever be used for recovery... ever... period... even little ones... ever.

It's four bolts underneath- the ones that hold the bumper to the frame. Take out the top ones first, loosen the bottom ones. rotate the bar forward, reinsert top bolts, then remove lower bolts... pull off bar- reinstall lower bolts. Sell on eBay. That's it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Easy off

Muddy Oval said:
I've seen those things get yanked off the truck and take people out. It absolutely cannot ever be used for recovery... ever... period... even little ones... ever.
The removal instructions sound good. Have a buddy hold the nut on the other side while you bash your knuckles with the ratchet.

Muddy, I just put one on. I think it's solid enough for light extractions. I think the material at the bottom is not heavy duty so I can see it bending, so I would think caution is the order of the day.
While installing mine a few days ago, I removed that wimpy tow ring.... NOW THAT THING IS SCARY! :freak:

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Muddy Oval said:

It's four bolts underneath- the ones that hold the bumper to the frame. Take out the top ones first, loosen the bottom ones. rotate the bar forward, reinsert top bolts, then remove lower bolts... pull off bar- reinstall lower bolts. Sell on eBay. That's it.

dang...really?? The holes at the bottom are just for looks? :eek: Its worked up till now.....better get myself something else soon....JATE rings?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.