Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone/Anyone!

My girlfriend and I will be moving to the east coast (Rhode Island to be exact) from California and I was wondering if there is any reason why I couldn't tow her 2001 Honda Civic cross country. The car weighs 2,405 lbs., which is well under the Disco's towing capabilities. I'm thinking of renting one of those Uhaul trailers which hook onto the car's front axle.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You will be fine.
Mike J.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yep,

I towed a Mazda Protégé from Southern MO to Phoenix, AZ with no problems. U-Haul in my area is notorious for keeping equipment on the road far beyond its useful life. Take a look at the unit you are renting, check tire wear, check metal welds, check condition of the wheel straps, check serge brake mechanism. If all looks to be in good order and serviced recently then hook’er up and hit the road. Expect the Disco’s mileage to suffer dramatically. Good luck.

David

·
Registered
454 Posts
:dunno: Bigger question, Why are you moving to RI???? I live in CT but grew up in Cumberland, RI

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info. I think your responses eased some of my concerns. Oh, and I'm moving to RI because I have orders to attend Navy school in Newport.

Thanks again!

RJ

·
Registered
454 Posts
You'll love Newport and thank you for your service to our country. When do you expect to arrive?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts