Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 to freelander in Sierra leone west africa. I purchased it from the British High Commission and love the vehicle. But the country a announced that right hand drives would be illegal as of October 2016. So we found a mechanic who changed the left to right drive. It worked except you couldn't lock it or the alarm would go off. But after about 400 km it started showing all kinds of dash lights, the ac stopped and the speedometer went off. The mechanic said he would recheck it as he probably had a "wire crossed". He disconnected the battery and checked it and reconnected it. And then nothing. It doesn't turn over . No lights, absolutely nothing. This has been nine months now. We have charged the battery and tried various diagnostic computers which always say cpu, immobilizer, and sensor in the lock system. There is NO dealer in the country. The mechanic says if I can get the computer codes to reset it it will start again. He then points to a row of range rovers, also dead and says they also need codes. Does anyone know what we can do?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It sounds like the vehicle was immobilized by disconnecting the battery. Here's something you might try.

1. Get in and close all the doors.Turn the ignition on and off very quickly and remove the key (all within about 5 seconds).

2. Within 30 seconds of turning the ignition off, while holding down the unlock button, press the lock button three times. release the unlock button. You may or may not get the confirmation from the door locks. Holding the key at your head level provides the best results as the key sensor is in the side pillar.

3. repeat for each key within 30 second of the previous key.

right after doing the last key, quickly put the key back in the ignition and turn it on and off to finalize.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.