Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 FL SE which is in Mint condition.

There are 4 things I would love to have answers or suggestions on:

1. Only the tweeters work in the whole vehicle. Once in a blue moon is there a crackle that comes out of the passenger door speaker but other than that, since owning the vehicle this past August 2010, I do not know what the sound is like from the Harmon Kardon system. The rear subwoofer works but other than that, nothing else.

2. When I turn corners sharply, I get a grinding or crunching sound from the rear. Any ideas what I need to look at when taking it to the dealership?

3. Is the gas cap on the LR SE something that causes the engine light to come on? Sometimes when I fill the vehicle with gas, the light goes off. If the gauge comes closer to empty, it comes on.

4. The sunroof is making a horrible sound when trying to close. Possible motor problems? I use my hand to help move it along to close but opening works just fine.

Cheers.

John
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
2. When I turn corners sharply, I get a grinding or crunching sound from the rear. Any ideas what I need to look at when taking it to the dealership?

Cheers.

John
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada
There is a viscous coupling between the two pieces of the driveshaft, it's supported front and rear by a bearing. The rubber around the bearing tears and can cause similar problems to what you've described.

If this is it, I have one of the carrier bearings in stock.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hello,

PTS is dead on! I have replaced my rear (first) and later the front. Same symptoms...now gone. Parts and labor for each were around $350 or so---not at the dealer!

Julian

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Thanx Knac.

Pool boy, buy this part from me! I doubt I'll ever need another one again(it's a long story how I got an odd number of them).

If you decide you need both of them, I can get another one for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2002 FL SE which is in Mint condition.

There are 4 things I would love to have answers or suggestions on:

1. Only the tweeters work in the whole vehicle. Once in a blue moon is there a crackle that comes out of the passenger door speaker but other than that, since owning the vehicle this past August 2010, I do not know what the sound is like from the Harmon Kardon system. The rear subwoofer works but other than that, nothing else.

...Cheers.

John
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada
John, you need to check amplifier and its connections - it is unlikely that all the speakers lost contact but main audio harness can be lose. You also may want to look into installing aftermarket receiver/amp...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts