Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new you guys! to everything not just this forum lol.
But my parents gave me their land rover when they got a Navigator so im lovin' it. I need advice on what simple, affordable upgrades or something that i can do. I want to personalize it u know:)

Here are some pics!!!

·
I'd love to be in the Rat Patrol
3,205 Posts
Nice truck!
White...my favorite color!

Upgrades???
Well depends on what you intend to to with her. If you want to head out on the highway, leave like she is...but if you are going to venture to so trails you might want to lift, get some bigger tires...
I would suggest you look at lots of other Discos and then see what you like. There are a hundred possibilities.
Welcome to Land Rover. You'll never enjoy driving anything else.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Very nice looking Disco!

Ditto what OkieROver said. Lot and Lots of possibilities. Have fun!

Serg

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OkieRover said:
Nice truck!
White...my favorite color!

Upgrades???
...but if you are going to venture to so trails you might want to lift, get some bigger tires...
I would suggest you look at lots of other Discos and then see what you like. There are a hundred possibilities.

hmm i would love to add 24" or 26" rims if at all possible, but then i think it would screw up my off road capabilities, in fact probably stripping my Disco of any ability off the street. Then there is the other side of going from flashy rims and systems to going the more off-road route. Which should I take because i dont want to get rims if I won't be able to go off-roading.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Well here is my 2 cents...

NO BLING BLING!!! NONE... It's a freaking 4 wheel drive.. seriously, do what you want it's yours to do with as you please. However I feel that all the bling bling stuff is more fitted to cars (if at all)...

I would either keep it relatively stock with a few mild upgrades or go the off road route. However, if you do not plan to off road it much, then all those off road goodies will be a waste of cash.

I just don't like big rims on Rovers.... on a Escalade it looks good, but a Rover is not meant to be that way... IMHO. I am sure most people on this, and other Rover forums would agree. Regardless, do what makes YOU happy and enjoy it.

As far as systems go.. I would say do it up as best as you can! Killer audio rocks!

Serg

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
26" rims? Where's this all going to end? At the rate it's going we'll have tractor wheels fitted to SAV's as standard. Maybe they'll make the rims so we don't need to buy the tires.

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
Good Deal

Handing down Disco for Navigator?? You got the best end of the deal ! Before you start adding Cali-style rims & other useless stuff :) ,,, go wheelin' w/ a Rover club in you area,,,you'll be hooked !!! For upgrades check out: www.safarigard.com and www.rovertym.com . Once you are geared out you can drive OVER your buddies w/ their weak bling-bling mobiles !! Have fun ! :drink1:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

SCSL said:
Handing down Disco for Navigator?? You got the best end of the deal ! Before you start adding Cali-style rims & other useless stuff :) ,,, go wheelin' w/ a Rover club in you area,,,you'll be hooked !!! For upgrades check out: www.safarigard.com and www.rovertym.com . Once you are geared out you can drive OVER your buddies w/ their weak bling-bling mobiles !! Have fun ! :drink1:
haha yea true. I felt really awesome that yesterday i loaded the land rover up with a ton of stuff from Costco and after 2 trips with my Disco and the Navigator we got all the patio furniture we bought. haha the navigator didnt have that high of a roof so it was hard to squeeze it in. I really need to get it all muddy and dirty is what i need to do. But i need to join the Southern California club around here, and take off work.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
444 Posts
big rims

Hey Orange county I have seen a 2000 disco with 22's and his first comment was that it was stupid. He said he gets like 6 miles to the gallon and that there are as many scratches on them as the stock rims. He had no off road ability so hi said that it was a wasted 4 wheel drive. You should just invest that extra money into the system or other things. If you want rims go for some Range Rover rims. Those are a good upgrade that people notice.

·
Registered
444 Posts
SCSL said:
Get the kind that keep spinning once you stop ! :D

That is too funny. but I am sure that there is someone out there that has them. The guy that I talked to just had some cheap set that he picked up from ebay and still was unhappy with them. Imagine having the ones that spin and being off road. You can get stuck and everyone will think you are still going. HAHA

·
Registered
590 Posts
OC,

I agree with post 9

I am from San Clemente now live in Temecula.
There is a off road even through Land Rover Mission Viejo you can sign up for.
They dont care where you bought it from. They want to get you hooked so you buy the next rover from them.

They lead you out to the Ortegas and instruct you how to manuever your rover through nutty stuff and up and down hills.

Have you used your "Hill decent" yet? The first time is a blast!!!

Bring a few friends and make sure they dont get car sick.

They go once a month I believe.

Once you see what your rig can do, you will never look at SUV's the same. It's a Land Rover. Not just a classified vehicle like a navigator.

If you want a great mecahic that usually charges half of what dealers charge look up inland rovers www.inlandrovers.com Gordon is the best mechanic/owner I have dealt with.
Later Gater and have fun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.