Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Joe Btfsplk
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help a newbie to this forum!!

I live in South Africa/Edmonton and drive a 2002 disco 2 diesel in South Africa. Love the car, love the engine. I have what we here locally call a Black Box system management alarm that will let me know if the engine temps get too high, if the alternator starts to act up, coolant gets low and a few other things that might help save the engine if there is a problem. The factory temp gauge is useless, it stays in the middle until the engine blows all the coolant out a failed head gasket and once you have cooked the sleeves THEN decides to register a high temperature, or so I am told. With the black box I will be informed as soon as there is a problem and I tend to trust it more than the gauges.

However, on a recent trip the gauge (not the black box) started doing weird things, it would drop to the bottom and then come back up - repeatedly. It did this several times. Any ideas why it would do that?

Thanks

·
Joe Btfsplk
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.