Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
question for anyone who might know.
I may have the opportunity to pick up a 2003 d2 really cheap. I know it is a nice clean truck with full roof rack, 2 inch lift last year and it is clean, clean clean.
Owners son drove it overheated and now no / low compression. So likely needs large engine repairs
I have a low mile 4.0l in a 2001 d2
Could buy it cheap and resell it? Could sell her the engine I have.
Here's my question. Owner does not know if it is a 4.0 or a 4.6. I don't recall but think that 2003 was only 4.6 and yes I know the have oil pump issues and no c.d.l. BUT
Can someone tell me how to tell by serial number? Or confirm that 2003s were all 4.6l?

·
Registered
303 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
The car market for D2's in the US is terrible, they held no value. I'd say it'd have to be almost a steal to buy it and fix it. 4.0 swap though is doable with a 2003-4 models, just have the dealership change the settings from 4.6 to 4.0.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I thought all were 4.6 but couldn't find the proof I was looking for. Going to take a better look at it this weekend. And yes they don't sell well here in Canada either. Part do but vehicles are a tough sell at a good price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.