Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my second land rover. It is an 03 disco 2 with 107k on the clock. The vehicle has what appears to be an exhaust leak from the area where the exhaust manifold gasket is. The noise is louder on a cold startup and quotes down once the engine reaches operating temperature unless under a load.I looked for any signs of cracks in the driver's side manifold and there do not appear to be any. The noise is definately coming from the driver's side. Has anyone had any experience with a like problem? Did some searching and found a few threads but nothing seemed to apply. Oh,and I did read a thread about the blown head gasket leaks but it doesn't seem to be my problem. I did put a pressure test on the coolant system and all seems to be good there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Make sure that's the bolts holding the manifold to the head are tight, there are 8. Then the manifold to the cat pipe. There are three studs that have nuts on them.

Mike Russell
Age 18
2003 discovery se
Lover of Rovers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.