Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '03 Disco with 30,500 miles - bought it brand new - and it has a coolant leakage. The dealer said they fixed it at the 30K maintanance, but, I just noticed more leakage onto the engine the other day.

Is this going to be a continual problem even after I get it fixed?...as it is a very common problem, or, is there a once and for all solution to the problem??

I'm thinking now about trading it in for a different car...not a another Disco for sure that is.

Any kind of advice is welcomed.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
What did the dealer say they fixed??
No it is not common and it should be addressed by the dealer right away.
Mike J.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for late reply - I hope you're right Mike. I really don't want to trade this in. I'll get it checked out by the dealer and see what the deal is with coolant leakage.

By the way(if all goes well), do you (or anybody else) know how to make the doors have a better seal (or more sound proof) ??

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Look on your last work order and see what the dealer noted about the coolant leak and their repair.
Yes there are many materials made to help reduce outside noise, I am a little surprised that you feel yours is noisey, when and where exactly go you think the noise is coming from? Do you have a roof rack, they are huge noise makers.
Mike J.

·
Registered
4 Posts
04 noisy too

I also think mine is pretty noisy. (An 04 discovery.) When I hit freeway speeds I hear a bunch of wind noise, specifically around the door seals near my knee. Maybe saying right below the side mirror will help the description.
I think I remember the other Discovery’s I drove having the same wind noise.

·
Registered
523 Posts
2003disco:
Coolant leakage issues are a bit common on LR,but should be addressed as soon as possible due to the fact that they will cost you more to repair on the long run.Besides yours should be in warranty,so take it back and let them fix it.
Carlos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts