Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just did a head gasket swap on my 2003 disco. I have new radiator, thermostat,water pump,hoses,expansion tank cap, heater core.

The problem i have is the coolant system has a solid stream of little bubbles comming out of expansion tank. I've ran it for 20 min with cap off and they dont go away. I drive it with cap on and it pushes coolant out overflow then eventally it gets hot due to loss of coolant.

slipped sleeve? cracked head?:bawling:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
just did a head gasket swap on my 2003 disco. I have new radiator, thermostat,water pump,hoses,expansion tank cap, heater core.

The problem i have is the coolant system has a solid stream of little bubbles comming out of expansion tank. I've ran it for 20 min with cap off and they dont go away. I drive it with cap on and it pushes coolant out overflow then eventally it gets hot due to loss of coolant.

slipped sleeve? cracked head?:bawling:
Provided you did the gaskets correctly, then yes, your probably looking at a sleeve or cracked block, not head. You should have been able to see a slipped liner when you had the heads off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.