Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few people talking about how hard it would be to switch out the headlights of a 2002 model for a 2003 model. Is this something the average guy with little mechanical experience could do?

·
Registered
709 Posts
It's not as much the mechanical side as much as it is wiring. Honestly, if you have little experience with cutting and fabricating I wouldn't suggest learning on your Discovery... If you have a buddy or someone that is more familiar with this sort of thing I'd give them a call and have them help out.

I don't want to discourage you, but all those guys on Ebay saying how easy the swap is, never did the swap themselves...

PM me and I could try and give abit more info :drink1:

·
Registered
908 Posts
dude seriously...After I changed the bulbs for the disco, putting the headlamps back took lots of sweats from me...I hate those headlights tabs, couldn't they make it easier to attach.

I wonder if the 2003 headlights have the same tabs at the back

·
Registered
641 Posts
If the early DII lights are the same as the DI 300 series lights, you should be able to pop the light housing out without having to deal with the clips. I F*#^ed around for almost an hour on my old 96 DI trying to remove a busted light and then I realized the clips are attatched with a little ball and socket, so I just popped the light out and recovered the clips afterward. IMHO, they are much easier to install than remove. Be thankful there is so much room to work under the hood of a disco, I'm having a nightmare trying to get at the lights on my new VW.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Swap

jedi said:
I have seen a few people talking about how hard it would be to switch out the headlights of a 2002 model for a 2003 model. Is this something the average guy with little mechanical experience could do?
There is a guy on eBay advertising the complete instructions and parts list to do this swap!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.