Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 discovery overheats 122K just put in new t-stat. it first started when i drove above 65mph with ac it would start running hot. next the heater core started leaking. i put a loop in it to bypass heater core until i get it replaced. next it blew the little hose that goes from radiator to overflow tank. it runs for a while but it overheats. I shut it down right away. recently i have noticed the electric fan not running... the fan would run all the time.. question why did the fan run all the time? bad clutch fan? shouldnt the clutch fan move enough air to cool with out electric fan? next it seems that cooling system is building lots of pressure. so where does a guy get this block tester dye stuff to check for coolant leak to make sure the head gasket is bad?:complain:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
First, don't drive it again, second, if not loosing coolant when overheating you never shut the engine off you turn on both heater to high and let it idle down.
If you are interested in some help, send me your number and I'll call you today.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts